Skip to content
- Desert Safari in Wahiba Sands:
- Description: Wahiba Sands, also known as Sharqiyah Sands, is a vast desert region located just a few hours from Muscat. A desert safari here is an exhilarating adventure that allows you to experience the beauty and majesty of the Omani desert. You can take a guided tour in a 4×4 vehicle, which will take you over the rolling sand dunes and give you the opportunity to witness the breathtaking desert landscapes, including the sunset and sunrise.
- Highlights: Dune bashing, sandboarding, camel rides, and stargazing in the tranquil desert night.
- Snorkeling at Daymaniyat Islands:
- Description: Oman’s coastal waters are teeming with marine life, and the Daymaniyat Islands, a protected nature reserve, offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities near Muscat. Crystal-clear waters, vibrant coral reefs, and diverse marine species make it an ideal spot for underwater exploration. You can join a snorkeling tour to access the best sites.
- Highlights: Swim with colorful fish, sea turtles, and possibly dolphins. Witness vibrant coral formations in a pristine marine environment.
- Rock Climbing in Wadi Bani Awf:
- Description: Wadi Bani Awf, a stunning mountainous area not far from Muscat, is a paradise for rock climbing enthusiasts. The rugged terrain, limestone cliffs, and canyons offer a variety of climbing routes suitable for different skill levels. You can either go with an experienced guide or join a climbing group to explore these challenging routes safely.
- Highlights: The thrill of ascending natural rock formations surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery.
- Hiking in Jebel Shams:
- Description: Jebel Shams, also known as the “Mountain of the Sun,” is the highest peak in Oman’s Al Hajar Mountains. Hiking here provides a chance to experience Oman’s dramatic landscapes. The most popular hike is the Balcony Walk, which takes you along the rim of a deep canyon known as the “Grand Canyon of Oman.”
- Highlights: Stunning vistas, deep canyons, and the cool temperatures at the summit compared to the scorching desert below.
- Dolphin Watching in Muscat Bay:
- Description: Muscat’s coastline is a haven for dolphins, and you can take a boat tour to witness these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. There are several tour operators that offer dolphin-watching excursions, and you’re likely to spot bottlenose dolphins, spinner dolphins, and even humpback whales if you’re lucky.
- Highlights: The joy of observing dolphins leaping and playing in the azure waters of the Gulf of Oman.
- To check daily gold rate of Oman visit this page.